Divine Wiki Biography: Vivian Fernandes professionally known as Divine is an Indian rapper who was born in Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Divine started to gain popularity due to his song Yeh Mera Bombay (2013). He breakthrough came with the release of his song Mere Gully Mein featuring fellow Mumbai rapper Naezy. Then after the release of his song ‘Yeh Mera Bombay’, Divine got the attention of Sony Music India while performing at the Blue Frog Festival 2014 in Mumbai and shortly after signed a contract with them. The song also went on to win the Best Video of the Year award by Rolling Stone India in the same year.
Divine is quite popular on Social Media Platforms. He has around 1.2M followers on Instagram and over 55.9K followers on Twitter.
Also Read:- Kanye West Wiki Biography
|Full Name||Vivian Fernandes|
|Date Of Birth||October 2, 1991|
|Birth Place||Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Divine Age, Height, Weight
Divine’s age is 29 years. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and his weight is 60 kgs. His eye and hair colour are Dark Brown and Black respectively.
Divine was born on October 2, 1990 in Andheri City of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. There is not much information on internet about his family. His mother works in Qatar and he has an elder brother named Anthony Fernandes who also works in Qatar.
Divine Married Life & Girlfriend
Divine is Unmarried. There is not much information available on internet about his relationship status and personal life.
Some Interesting Facts About Divine
- Divine did his schooling from St. John the Evangelist High School in Marol Andheri area in Mumbai.
- He completed his graduation from R.D. National College, Mumbai.
- He regularly used hear the tracks of rapper Eminem after coming back from school; this act made him passionate about rapping.
- When he was in 11th standard, he started writing rap songs and used to write for more than 5 hours to make a perfect verse.
- During his school days, Divine used to accompany his mother to a church in Marol, where he used to practice rap music in divinity and peace and since then he started calling himself “Divine.”
- In his college days, Divine joined a hip-hop group named ‘Mumbai’s Finest,’ where he learned the rapping skills from a rapper named, Ace.
- Divine filmed his first song named “Coming For You” with a Nokia N8 phone.
- In 2019, he released his debut track “Yeh Mera Bombay”, which was a hit among the Mumbaikars.
- Divine’s breakthrough came nearly 2 years later in the year 2015, when he collaborated with a fellow rapper, Naved Shaikh who is known by his stage name “Naezy” and these two gully boys collaborated for the first time as ‘Divine and Naezy’ and released the song “Mere Gully Mein” (In My Streets), which was such a big hit that it was titled as the “Mumbai rap anthem.”
- Also, when Divine earned a contract with Sony Music India, he became the first Indian artist to have a single released by Apple Music worldwide.
- He is even the first Indian rapper to rap in Hindi for BBC 1 radio show, ‘Fire in the Booth’ series.
- In the year 2019, Zoya Akhtar directed a biographical musical movie with the name ‘Gully Boy,’ which was based on rappers, including Divine and Naezy.
- Divine’s favourite singers are Eminem, Jay-Z, Lecrae, TuPac, Nas, Stormzy, 50 Cent, Bob Marley and Chance The Rapper.
- One of his favourite song is “Changes” by Tu Pac. He also likes listening to “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar.
- His favourite albums are Straight Outta Compton by NWA, Illmatic by Nas and Me Against the World by Tupac.
- He likes eating Dal and Rice.
Divine’s Net Worth
Divine’s has a net worth of around $1 Million USD and major source of his income is his Rapping.
Divine is fond of Rapping since his school days. His favourite music genre is Beatboxing. His favourite food is Dal-Rice.