Dr. Younan Nowzaradan is best known for performing gastric bypass surgeries. He is also one of the executive producers for the show “My 600 lb life”which airs on TLC. Dr.
Nowzaradan is often referred to as Dr. Now and he is based in Houston where he conducts his surgeries on people with obesity. Dr Now graduated from the University of Tehran of Medical Sciences in the year 1970.
He belongs to Iran but has been working for more than 4 decades in America. He was the first In Houston to perform such surgeries on obese candidates who were assumed to be inoperable and left to live helpless with excess fats on their bodies. His experience in laparoscopic surgery is vast as he has almost twenty-seven years of experience in Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery. Have a brief inside on Dr. Nowzaradan wife, son, diet plan, age, and net worth.
Dr. Nowzaradan Family Details And Marriage History
Dr. Nowzaradan is very busy with his career and has earned a name for himself . However, he was married to Delores Nowzaradan who was stationed secretarial work but she quit her job to take care of their children. Dr now and Delores got married got married in 1975 and later divorced in 2002. At time of divorce, the couple had three children. Apparently, Dr. Nowzaradan has accepted his hectic work schedule to be the reason for a strained marriage and that is rumored to be the cause of the divorce to the renowned doctor. The other reason was lack of support and cruel behavior from Dr Younan.
At the time of divorce back in 2002 their kids were not that young and not even much was known about them
Dr. Nowzaradan Diet Plan
The doctor is seen trying to convince his patients on losing weight through his creation “My 600-lb life”. He with no doubts and great firmness warns his patients that if they don’t change their eating habits chances of death are very high. He further tells them to change their eating habits even after undergoing the surgery so to stop the bulk from coming back. The surgery is said to make them eat less or make them feel satisfied with minimal food and have no eagerness to eat after undergoing this surgery as they feel full.
Dr. Nowzaradan Diet Plan For Weight Loss
- Men should eat one-ounce 6-7 times per day.
- Fiber is an essential source from whole grains which should be included in our diet.
- Women should eat one-ounce 5-6 times per day.
- Products made from whole grains should be preferred.
- Men should at least consume 3 cups of dairy products per day.
- Products with no or low-fat are the best.
- Women should at least consume 3 cups per day of dairy products.
- Substitute the sources of calcium such as sardines.
- Men need 6-8 ounces of meat or other sources of protein each day
- The sources-of great protein are seafood, poultry.
- Women need 4-6 ounces of meat or other sources of protein each day.
- The best sources of protein are also present in dry beans, dry nuts etc.
Fats And Oils
- Men should always consume healthy fats daily.
- The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds etc.
- Women should always consume healthy fats daily.
- The best sources are vegetables, nuts, flax seeds, etc.
Fruits And Vegetables
- Men per day need 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables
- The best sources are bananas, oranges, sweet potatoes etc.
- Women per day need 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables.
- The best sources are apples, carrots, potatoes
- To men, sugar adds to the calorie meter
- Men should avoid consuming sugar on daily basis.
- For women it adds minimum nutrition.
- Women on daily basis should never consume sugar.
- Men need a maximum 25-35 grams of fiber.
- It is very essential in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- Women need a maximum of 20-25 grams of fiber daily in their diet.
- The source of fiber are whole grains and vegetables.
- Men need less than 2300 mg of sodium per day in their diet.
- One pinch of salt has 155 mg of sodium quantity
- Women need less than 2300 mg of sodium per day in their diet.
- The prepared foods have their own quantity of salts.
Dr. Nowzaradan Net Worth
Dr Nowzaradan’s net worth is approximately about $4 Million. He has become famous because of performing surgeries that other doctors perhaps consider fatal and avoid doing. His worth is even said to increase yearly with the sudden appearances in TV shows.