Golshifteh Farahani Wiki Biography:- Rahavard Farahani who is professionally famous with the name Golshifteh Farahani is an Iranian Actress.
Golshifteh Farahani Career Details
She has evolved much in recent years where she had prominent characters in the movies by the well-known Iranian and International Directors. She has worked with famous directors including Baham Ghobadi, Rasoul Mollagholipour, Joachim Rønning, Asghar Farhadi, Espen Sandberg, Jim Jarmusch, and Ridley Scott.
Golshifteh was nominated for the Most Promising Actress Award for the drama titled “The Patience Stone” at the César Awards 2014 that was held in France. Farahani had also won the Best Actress Award for the drama “Boutique” at 26th Nantes Three Continents Festival (France).
Golshifteh is known amongst her huge social media fan following with more than 12.1 million followers on Instagram, over 2.3 million followers on Facebook, and crossing over 308.1k followers on Twitter.
|Full Name||Rahavard Farahani|
|Known Name||Golshifteh Farahani|
|Date Of Birth||10th July 1983|
|Birth Place||Tehran, Iran|
|Profession||Iranian Actress, Singer,
Musician, and Social Activist
Golshifteh Farahani Career Details
- She has done more than 30 movies and the movies have received much international recognition too.
- Her debut movie was “Derakht e Golabie/The Pear Tree” which came out in the year 1998.
- She had portrayed the love interest of Leonardo DiCaprio in Ridley Scott’s movie “Body of Lies” in the year 2008 and also stars Russell Crowe and even features Oscar Isaac.
- Then Golshifteh was starred in the drama titled “About Elly”, which won the Best Picture at the Tribeca Film Festival 2009 and also a Silver Bear at Berlin International Film Festival.
- According to the Iranian Authorities, Golshifteh violated their Islamic Law by not wearing the hijab during her appearances in the Hollywood Film ” Body of Lies” in 2008. Because of this, she even was banned and was not allowed to work in Iran since 2009. Since the ban, Golshifteh shifted to France and currently residing there.
- Also, she was later banned from entering her homeland when she posed topless for a French Magazine ‘Madame Le Figaro’ in 2012.
- She even received lots of criticism for appearing full nude in the movie “The Patience Stone”.
- Golshifteh got lots of attention from the audience when she portrayed the character of Sasha in “The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” in 2017.
- She was also seen playing the role of Nik Khan in the Netflix movie “Extraction” in 2020.
- She is a theatre actor too and was seen in many theatres plays including “Maryam and Mardavij” in 2003, “The Black Narcissus” in 2004, “A Private Dream” in 2013, and “Anna Karenina” in 2016.
- She has also done music videos like “Pola” in 2014 and “Paradis” in 2018.
- Golshifteh has been on the cover page of many known magazines to date.
- She even joined Kooch Neshim (Normads), the band that had won the 2nd Tehran Avenue underground rock competition when she was in Iran.
- She once teamed up with Mohsen Namjoo who is an exiled Iranian Musician and they together came up with an album released with the name ‘Oywas’ in October 2009.
- Golshifteh was also appointed as a member of the International Jury at the 63rd Locarno Film Festival in 2010.
- She came 6th in the 2014 Annual Independent Critics Beauty List.
Golshifteh Farahani’s Age, Height, Weight, Body measurements
She is 38 years old. Her height is 5 feet 2 inches. Golshifteh’s eyes and hair colors are Dark Brown and Black respectively.
|Age||38 years old|
|Height||In Feet & Inches:- 5’6’’
In Centimetres:- 169 cm
In Pounds:- 123.4
|Clothing Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Golshifteh Farahani’s Family Details
Golshifteh Farahani was born to Behzad Farahani (a Theatre Director and Actor) and Fahimeh Rahim Nia (an Actress and Painter) on 10th July 1983 in Tehran, Iran.
She shared her childhood with her two siblings, her brother Azarakhsh Farahani who is an Actor and a Music Composition and her sister Shaghayegh Farahani who is an Actress as well.
|Father Name||Behzad Farahani|
|Mother Name||Fahimeh Rahim Nia|
|Sibling/s||Azarakhsh Farahani (brother)
Shaghayegh Farahani (sister)
Golshifteh Farahani Marriage Life, Dating History And Relationship
Farahani got married thrice. First, she got married to Amin Mahdavi, a French Director and they were married from 2003 to 2011.
Then she got married to Louis Garrel, a French Actor. They were married from 2012-to 2014.
After ending the relationship with Louis Garrel, Golshifteh came into a relationship with Matthew Silver, an Actor, and Producer.
Later she got married to Christos Dorje Walker, an Australian Somatic Psychotherapist in 2015 but later got divorced in 2017.
|Partner||Amin Mahdavi (2003-2011)
Louis Garrel (2012-2014)
Christos Dorje Walker (2015-2017)
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts About Golshifteh Farahani
- Golshifteh Farahani is not her real name but just a professional name with which she is quite famous amongst her fan following. Her real name is Rahavard Farahani.
- She had attended Islamic Azad University, Tehran for her college degree.
- She was a music lover since childhood and started playing piano and studying music at the age of 5 years old. Then later she entered a music school in Tehran.
- Golshifteh was just 14 years old when she was cast as the lead in Dariush Mehruji’s “The Pear Tree”, the role for which she had won the Best Actress for Crystal Roc from their International Section of the 16th Fajr International Film Festival that held in Tehran.
- She was banished by the Iranian Government in the year 2008, for working in a western-style movie.
- She is very active when it comes to environmental services and offers her help by strongly advocating for the eradication of tuberculosis in Iran.
Golshifteh Farahani Social Media Presence
Golshifteh Farahani’s Net Worth
Golshfteh has a net worth of approx USD 1 Million, and her major source of earning is from being an Actress, Musician, Singer, and Social Activist.
|Net Worth||$1 Million approx|
|Income Source||Musician, Singer, Actress, and Social Activist|
Golshifteh Farahani Hobbies, Interests And Favourites
|Hobbies||Listening to Music and Watching Movies|
|Favorite Color||Pink and Orange|
|Favorite Place||Not Known|
|Favorite Drink||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Films||Not Known|
|Favorite Workout||Not Known|